07 Jun Build the Ultimate Health Smoothie 3.0
There’s no better way for a busy parent like yourself to meet many of your nutritional needs, build a strong body, create a focused mind, than through a smoothie a day. I have not seen a more encompassing Health smoothie than the one I’m about to show you. Other recipes may taste better but none match the Health building effects. It’s one that my wife and I have every day and allows us to have the energy and vitality to run our business, household, and lives.
I’m not going to tell exactly what to put into your smoothie. I’m going to give you many options, but I don’t want to overwhelm you. Sometimes, if we have too many options, and don’t know what to do, we don’t make a decision at all.
Bottom line: Start where you are now and keep progressing. Start with the essentials, create the habit, and build from there.
Here’s the process I use:
- GREENS are my “base.” Here are some options: Kale, Spinach, Swiss chard, Parsley, Mixed Greens.
- LIQUID: Unsweetened Almond or Coconut milk, 100% Grass Fed Bone Broth, Water.
- Healthy FAT: Avocado (makes it thick), Walnuts, Almonds, Almond butter, Flax seeds (the Ninja chops them up, otherwise you have to do it separately), Chia seeds (thickens it), Hemp seeds, Pumpkin seeds, extra virgin organic coconut oil.
- Frozen or Fresh VEGETABLES: Even though I use greens, I still add more vegetables to my smoothie: Broccoli, Cucumbers, Green beans, Zucchini, Beets.
- Frozen or Fresh FRUIT: Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Cherries, Green Apple. Limit the higher sugar fruits like pineapple, mango, red apples, bananas, and other tropical fruit if your goal is to lose weight.
- PROTEIN: Bone Broth Protein powder, 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein (Concentrate or Isolate), Rice protein, Hemp protein, Free Range Eggs
- SPICES/SUPPLEMENTS: Turmeric, ginger, cacao powder, ceylon cinnamon, stevia, etc
Tips to make it even easier and better:
- Find the time of day that’s easiest for you to prepare your smoothie. For example, I prepare mine when I’m home at lunch, then blend and drink it the NEXT DAY.
- It’s good to rotate your vegetables, fruit, liquid, and spices every few weeks to months so you get a full spectrum of nutrients.
- Set yourself up for success. If it tastes awful, you won’t continue. I personally love the Ninja blender because it’s powerful and makes all the ingredients mesh together very well.